Tuesday, February 19, 2008


and we are still playing in Sicily...


at least for another day. Tomorrow we catch our flight through the night (day for our friends in Michigan) and arrive in South Africa by 10:00 Thursday morning (uhm... 7 hours ahead... so 3 in the morning you guys). I've not gotten to talk to Bill(y) at all since Mom and Dad only have cell phones here in Italy (and Bill only has a cell phone in Johannesburg) TOO expensive! So I'm super looking foward to being with him soon. I guess he's not having as much luck there during his extra week as we had hoped, but I suppose all things just take time. We did narrow down the WHERE of where we'd like to look for a house. -ish- But the communities he's described to me sound just like my hopes and dreams... although you know that my hopes and dreams vary widly. I have often said I could be perfectly happy living out with Katie and the chickens (how ARE those chickens surviving the winter of 08' Katie?) , or living in the hustle of NYC. But I know that God has this place for us... a place where we can fit and find more than a place to live, but find home. I guess, after a month of living out of suitcases, I'm just ready to find that place. Packing back up again today , into those ever-shrinking suitcases, didn't help any. Makes me continue to realize how homless I am right now. I guess it's hard not to when I am carrying my pots and pans with me. Huh?



this is seriously how wide the streets are... and cars whip around down the tiny roads making us jump sideways and plaster ourselves against the stone buildings as flat and out of harms way as possible. If it wasn't a bit scary... it would be kind of fun.
Harrison fell in love with this Sicilian hat... and I fell in love with him wearing it. The hat actually used to belong to Papa... who wore it proudly, until his Italian friends told him it was a Mafia hat... I think they were teasing because I've seen lots of little old men wearing them in the towns... then again...



3 comments:

KatieKate said...

The chickens are alive and well... hanging out in the coop 24-7 with a lamp on them for 12 hours a day. I think they think they're in Cancun. And I'm not going to tell them they're not.

*sigh* I miss those streets.
Travel safe... so glad you will all be together again soon.

mwah!

Anonymous said...

our prayers and love go with you on the next leg of your journey. thanks for letting us in on your time in italy.

love, christy

diane said...

I love Harrison's Hat!

And I wish you all the best as you search for a home. If I know anything about the DiCocco's it's that when the 5 of you are together, that's where your home is.