For real.
Our toes are balanced precariously at the edge of the cliff and we are about to dive.
We are consulting our travel agent.
We are inquiring about shipping containers.
We are working on a web site (well, we aren't... but we know who is!!)
We are thinking about how much work it will be to pack up this house again.
We are taking a deep breath and saying "yes".
yes.
After Billy's month in South Africa, we are certain that it is time for us to go. Time for us to be there. Our International Partnership summit is the first week in March - and we (and our local and South African community) believe we need to be there before this valuable week - so counting backwards, and giving us enough time to visit and say goodbye to each of our parents... puts us leaving around January 20th.
Even though we have no question that it is time... and that we are meant to go... and we are meant to go now... We are completely going on faith here. We still don't have enough monthly support to sustain us while we are there. We can get to Johannesburg, and we can live for about three months on what we have saved back so far... but in order to truly live there like we are sure we are called to do... we need 40 more people to join us with $100 a month in the next 40 days. I'm excited to see how God is going to show off in this - and excited because I know the truth that one of God's favorite way to show off is through gathering his people together.
I have the story in its entirety (well, not actually entirety, but a good sampling of it) coming out in letter form this week. It's WAY too long to try and emulate here in this space. Suffice to say... GOD has been scheming for months while we have been waiting on Him. There is strength in that truth - even if it doesn't seem to make sense. If you aren't on our mailing list and would like to be..or if you are wanting to support us in this next month.... would you send me an email? I'd love to hear from y'all anyway. I'm swirling so hard I need all the shout outs you have to offer.
Christmas is 10 days away.
Fa-la-la.
oh yeah... one more thing...
Two Christmas CDs you MUST discover
For the sake of personal security in this big internet world... if you don't know our email address and want to drop us a line, you can send a note to dicoccojunkmail@yahoo.com and I'll reply from our family account.
love and hot chocolate -
-trace

4 comments:
We're excited and scared and jubilant and excited and excited right along with you guys :) We're praying for you and about how we can be part of it.
So lovely seeing you last weekend, Condoleezza!
Am currently listing to Snow Angel...ahhh.
And, of course, so excited to watch God moving in your life. It reminds me to watch for it in my own life.
I never told you this, but recently you shared with me how you spent your summer in Job. Well, you inspired me to do the same and I found comfort there. Thank you for sharing how God moves in your life. It really does impact me. Just so you know.
much love.
Yeah for Job. What a great book! I enjoyed it this past summer, too.
Yesterday the pastor talked about John the Baptist and how he was so totally dedicated to God and I thought of your family. Sometime I'll have to get my notes out and tell you all the reasons but you definitely fit the profile.
it was so rich to run into you a few moments ago....so much love to you guys.
Post a Comment