I want to put paint down on canvas
- to swirl colors -
vibrant - hydrangea, lime, indigo, sun ray.
I need to be messy and have blue daubs underneath my fingernails for days.
I long to smell paint and feel the slippery give as I sweep it across the palate.
I want to glop it and smear it and dot it precisely down the left side.
I just spent time in Sara's home .
Sara is a fabulous artist.
Each time I've seen work that has poured from her core,
I have seen in first, been drawn to it, and then seen her name attached to the piece.
Somehow, her art speaks to my very soul.
and in her home, I felt...- healthy.
like I was breathing very deeply
and the air was fresh and sweet
and bright.
Michelle shared a book with me by Sabrina Ward Harrison.
It inspires me to be more than I am.
To explore more of who I am.
To explain more of who I am.
To shine even when I am alone with myself.
I don't actually know how to paint.
Once, I did a feathery piece in lavenders and deep citrus for my mom.
It will be interesting where I land.
but then again... it always is.

2 comments:
You paint word pictures, Trace, you don't need a canvas.
The canvas you paint your words on is our hearts... awwwww! ;)
love you!!!!
xoxoxo
-hd
Post a Comment