Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sound Bite Sunday
Random things I"ve heard in dicoccoville recently:



"don't be scared... I won't hurt you... I'm a herbivore!"
(as Harrison and Avery were playing dinosaur puppets)


"Mmmm... this is really good cheese - - AND a really good hug from you - -
this is a moment to remember."
(as Billy was hugging me goodbye (and snacking) the other day)


"No, that would never happen because a two headed dragon would still be sharing the same set of lungs."
(conversation about the probability of breathing in and out at the same time)

"I know, why don't I just get a big ole' ugly ring jammed in them middle of my nose too... and then you can lead me around like a big ole' ugly bull!!!"
(Madyline isn't too impressed with my new jewelry)


In other news... we just said goodbye to Thya... it was a breath of fresh air to have her with us for a few days on either end of a great week.

and tonight, I'm going to a Breathe Owl Breathe concert down at the DAAC... 8:30... you should come out. It is like a day in the woods. Rich, earthy, calming, intricate, restoring.

Jamii was AMAZING. More beautiful than I dreamed it would and could be. People laughing and talking and loving on each other and on us. The items that were donated were fabulous! So creative and artistic! Adam sang a perfect set... the Mines totally know how to throw a party... and I had such a good time singing with Troy (even with our 30 minutes total of rehersal) that I have resolved that my new goal is not to sing the national anthem at a hockey game (don't worry Jewels... I'm still all about our duet!!) but to sing a set at an open mike night somewhere this winter. Who is in?

The Olson's created, donated and brought 100 tshirts... very cool original skritchy design with giraffes and our words "and we journey on..". We only have about 30 left! Even the wait staff and the general manager at The Woods bought tshirts that night! And we came away having been gifted just over $5,000! That, coupled with the costume sale money (which is amazingly up around $1100 now... with one more sale date to go!) is EXACTLY the amount we need to register for our cross cultural mission training school that we'll be attending in January!!!

I KID YOU NOT! Exactly.

Who has His hand swirling around in this?





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who has His hand? ..........from the beginning....not just the past two years.

Mike and Chris said...

Amazing.