
Yup, I was there... along with 18,000 screaming 13 year olds. Actually, it was cute, Mom said that everyone there was either over 50 or under 15.... I think she might have been right.
Jae and I tried to buy Mom a tshirt... or a poster to hang on her wall in Italy.. but she said 'no'. We did talk her into this picture with all the American Idols of this season. Isn't it great how we got all of them to pose with us? Don't they look like they are having fun and are so glad to be with us? That one girl is a bit shiney... perhaps she is just glowing with excitment.
I have never seen the tv show. I didnt' know who any of these guys were... and because of that (or maybe it was what everyone was thinking) I found my mind wandering in the middle of this blur of light shows and music and rampage ... I was thinking that these guys were regular folks just last year. Maybe they sang for their church's worship team like I do... or maybe at a kareoke bar like I never gotten the nerve to do.. or maybe just in front of the mirror with a curling iron as a microphone like I might have done two weeks ago... but now, they have people buying thier 8x10 glossies and enjoying thier musical offerings with abandon. I mean, it was loud in that concert. People screaming and singing along with their favorite tunes and holding up posterboards declaring their eternal love.
I should have been a rock star.
One more bit... I agree with the 45 year old woman who sat in front of me... you know who you are... the one with the homemade tshirt ... that boy chris really does rock.
and if elliot was my friend, i would ask him to sing Moody's Mood for Love every day.

4 comments:
AHA!!!!! I knew you'd like Chris. And....I wish Elliot was your friend, too, then I could listen in when he sang Moody's Mood for Love. My all time favorite song of the season.
I am jealous, as corny as it sounds
I do love American Idol!
Next time you're definitely coming with us, Chris.
When we bought the tickets... we were hoping that you'd be able to come up too. We talked about it out loud. Darn those maternity leaves that end way too soon!
Post a Comment