Thursday, July 13, 2006

Now you can own part
of the journey for your very own self...


because the journey does
belong to us all...

The picture that Harrison drew a few months ago... remember the one... the self portrait of our favorite boy flying above the world.
As many things we have experienced along this beautiful path.. this artwork has become incredibly symbolic to me. My son's heart, and his fingers creating a tangible expression of this life... we all identify deeply with.
Especially here in DiCoccoville.
I wanted to make a tshirt from it... to always remind myself of the truth that God is writing amazing stories into all of us
and it is breathtaking.

.
.

And then I started thinking... maybe we all wanted tshirts.
We all own this journey together... yes, the journey of the DiCocco's in and around Africa,
but also the journey of life that we are all on.
The one where we find ourselves flying toward the light-giving stars
and being amazed at things that used to be ordinary.

So, the link is on the left...
go buy yourself a tshirt.
Wear it proudly.
And remember where we all are...
and where we are going...
and that we are in this together.

" On this picture that I drew, you can see many different stars.
Stars are the only objects in space that create their own light.
I fly toward the stars and below the harvest moon.
I can see the wonders down below me.
All I have to do is look down.
And I am filled with wonder at the things that used to be ordinary
."

8 comments:

KatieKate said...

brilliant

we shall indulge

and so shall Peanut

Mike and Chris said...

I love you DiCoccos!!!!!

KatieKate said...

um...wondering why you opted not to sell the "thong".

Well, no I'm not.

Anonymous said...

I will special order one just for you missy kate

KatieKate said...

that's not at all where I was going with that

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful.

We love the artwork and the thoughtfulness behind it.
-the dumonds

Mike and Chris said...

I ordered 2 Shirts for the wife and I but think that I should go back and get them for the kids as well. Shaft on the "5 dollar shipping" (LOL at Jay)CHristine and I will be wearing our shirts proudly!!

--Fletcher Five

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy, Ryan recently told me about your adventure last spring and your upcoming move. I'd love to hear more about it. I've been reading through your blog but it's kind of hard to get the "scoop" on when you're going and what you'll be doing. You've done a beautiful job of documenting your activities, emotions, needs and answered prayers. thanks.

By way of introduction, I took several photo classes at GRCC with you a few years back. Thus, the contact with Ryan & Josh at Normans.

I have friends that are involved in what might be a similar mission in Liberia. They have been there since July, 05. They have a blog if you are interested. They have 2 children that have gone with them.

Hope to hear back.