Monday, May 15, 2006



A self portrait
by Harrison
When I drew this picture, I was feeling that I could actually fly.
I will fly all the way to California and go to LegoLand.
When I fly I feel that I can actually touch the stars
and that I am resting my head on the moon
and the soft air is hitting my face as I go.
I look down and I see cars driving everywhere.
I wonder why the cars seem so small from way up here
when, when I'm down there, they are as big as whales and I can fit inside one.
On this picture that I drew, you can see many different stars.
Stars are the only objects in space that create their own light.
I fly toward the stars and below the harvest moon.
I can see the wonders down below me.
All I have to do is look down.
And I am filled with wonder at the things that used to be ordinary.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we would love to know what commentary the artist might have on this piece.

the dicocco gang said...

Wish granted....

... What do you want next? How about a chocolate milkshake?

diane said...

i like mint chocolate chip milkshakes.

i like Harrison too.

KatieKate said...

Great last line, Harrison.
Great last line.

Anonymous said...

What a great self-portrait. I loved it and will print off and frame it along with your wonderful commentary. By the way, Harrison, I hear there's going to be a Legoland built in the Kansas City area. Hmmmm..

Grandma