Monday, May 08, 2006



We had ourselves a real nice weekend...


So, I have a tremendous amount of work to get done before we gather together tonight
(you do remember tonight... don't you?)

I honestly am not finished processing through all the pictures from Africa
(the ones you are going to be seeing tonight)

but I wanted to make sure to share with you spots of joy from our past three days...

yes, that is Avery throwing a tomahawk...
(she hit her mark too... )
She was so glad to see her friend again... she spoke of nothing but him for the week before we came down to our favorite living history museum here in Indianapolis... but as soon as she saw him, she went all shy. Mike just smiled and said "Now, you didn't go and grow up on me over the winter did you?" It didn't take long for her to warm up, and she stuck to him like a ribbon for an hour after that.

Hiking is always one of my best things to do... and the scenery at Turkey Run State Park is breathtaking... it reminds me so much of the Ozark's that I grew up in... even the springtime dogwood was blooming. We hiked hard, but I found myself breathing deeply, evenly, soaking in the moment.

I can't tell you how thankful we were to have Harrison along with us... he held up the giant rocks that were threatening to crush us...

I was so proud. He really is quite strong.

Avery got to sit on a pony... not so much ride it... just sit on it as he was much more interested in munching grass than galloping freely about the yard. When she is eight, we are going on a real horse ride... I tried to talk her into lying... but it seems I have raised her too good. Never thought THAT would backfire on me.

All in all, Christy said we ate better campfood than we eat at home... I have to agree. We had double fisted smores and chili and chicken & veggies cooked over the open fire and an entire pancake festival. I'm still not in the mood for breakfast this morning. Jen ate a few too many marshmallows.... but recovered nicely and outhiked us all, she and the little Berryhill snuggled deep inside her belly. We learned about forest plants and sandstone rock formations and chocolate covered banana chips and what bikers find funny as they sit around a campfire.

And I am continuing to learn the lesson of just simply "be-ing".

A weekend was not near long enough... I think we'll have to go back to keep up the learning.

See you tonight.... 7 Ionia suite 300.... 6-9pm

... bring a treat to share... and if it is gluten free, I'll kiss you.

(if it's not... Billy will probably kiss you)

4 comments:

diane said...

Tracy,
I'm SO looking forward to tonight. This is weird, but I even had a dream about it last night. Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and realized it hasn't happened yet. Hmpf.

I forgot to bring a snack. I'm staying in GR all day, until your shing-dig and forgot all about bringing snacks. I promise not to eat anyone else's. Or, I could always share my dinner?

Didn't realize Harrison is SO STRONG! I too, have super strength. I have pictures of me holding up the Statue of Liberty. It's true. Of course.

diane said...

um, yes, mom gave me eggs for my birthday. Is that not normal?

Anonymous said...

The phone call from the camp fire makes so much more sense now! :) I love that you called me from there!

the dicocco gang said...

i'm actually having sushi today in honor of you thya... well, not entirely to honor you and our missed phone call... but I promise to think of you when I'm wrapping my chopsticks around my catapillar roll.