we go ice skating!!
Apparently though, newly hatched praying mantis' living in baby food jars and traveling in coat pockets do NOT like ice skating so well.
the poor little guy didn't make it
(so sorry "Penny", may you find your reward in heaven)
****
SO, this last weekend, Billy and I went BY OURSELVES to a fabulous wedding in Milwaukee.
On the way home... we were stopped for quite a while in the drive through window of a fine dining establishment/gas station. While we were talking, and waiting, and watching the traffic whiz by... a police car zipped up into the middle of the intersection in front of us ... jumped out of his car to begin directing traffic. Soon another police car came up the shoulder, followed by another and THEY both stopped on either side of the intersection... lights flashing... and just stayed stopped there. By this time, Billy and I are beginning to wonder what this might be. I say there could be an accident ahead... Billy wonders if perhaps the president himself is about to drive through.
I'm beginning to get excited thinking there might be a parade with shriners and floats and giant balloons when three more police cars come up the road, sirens blaring, lights flashing, much, much to-doing and drive straight through the intersection... followed by about 15 bikers dressed in black leather all waving at the cars that the previous police have stopped in the streets.... and then a white bus. Not a flashy movie-star bus... but an old boxy church bus only with new paint. All this was followed by two more police cars... lights flashing. After they crossed the intersection, the three original policemen jumped back into their squad cars and speed away.
And the traffic started back up like nothing odd had just happened.
In fact, I was beginning to question it myself... except for the 6 Candy ladies outside their Chocolate store across the street... all still standing there in matching red aprons waving at nothing.
So... here is my question...does anyone have any grand insights into this moment??
What just happened here.....? Honestly, I don't know.






8 comments:
hmmm...apparently it just doesn't take much fame to get that kind of attention in wisconsin?
did you skate where my sister rules the world?
why, yes we did.
Had a grand time too... but didn't see the zamboni princess.
as I passed by locker #5... I paused with a bit on nolstalgic beauty remembering our brief moment together, and the clue it held.
police, bikers, white bus. Hmmmmmm. How about a Maximum security prison bus and mourners. Or the ever-popular-with-the-bikers anonymous Partridge family and escort.
I'm sure if you watch enough reality TV, you can find the real answer.
reality tv... hadn't thought of that one... hmmm... my mind is whirling
It was me, darling.
Sorry for the drama, but sometimes you're just having a "please escort me in a white bus" kind of day. You know?
Kate-
Why, oh why, didn't you stop the parade and say "hello"?? I would have shared some of Billy's drive-thru at the gas station burgers with you... in fact, I would have given you the entire smelly bag to share with all your biker friends.
Oooops, I'm sorry. I think that was us.........you see we were delivering.....uhmmm, jelly.....no....it was strawberries...yes fresh strawberries....delivering them to the chocolate ladies.....and it was well....cold, yes that's it.....it was cold.......and well everyone knows that thawed frozen berries are smooshy.......so they just HAD to be delivered quickly.......I called ahead and the chocolate ladies were SO grateful...they said that they would take care of just everything.......I guess that they did just that too!
We saw you both and waved....but your windows were SO steamy......the burgers?
I know I'm not very good at this, but enjoy just being invited to the party!
Well, I will tell you one thing, those chocolate ladies in thier red aprons were very happy to see you.
... and so am I !
I'll come crash your table of three in the nonsmoking section any time!!
Post a Comment