



Very Merry Christmas Eve(ning)
... to you. Here at the DiCocco house we have been busy as little sugar-crazed beavers cooking and dipping things in chocolate and wrapping presents. Tonight was a wonderful culmination of all things christmas eve as we sat with friends and played "family cranium" and ate all our favorite junk food till we were literally sick. We read the christmas story out of Luke together.. and the kids each took a turn reading. The first year everyone could do that... hmmmm. growing. And Avery worked all day long trying to get a loose tooth to come out so she could wake up to fairy treats AND her stocking prezzies!! That girl has something going. She finally freed herself of that wiggly thing at the last possible minute.. after she had already gone to bed. I think she had the help of her big sister.
The kids are trying to fall asleep as we speak (they've been trying for almost two hours now... remember that anticipation of christmas morning when you were little?). Billy and Brian and I have stuffed the stockings and are just finishing our margeritas before heading to our beds as well.
Present I'm most excited about tomorrow? Actually, it isn't even a gift I bought for someone this year...
Harrison and Madyline have been working almost non-stop for a week now on a quilt for Avery... they chose all the material, cut the squares, sewed them together... 
I am amazed at the handiwork of these two kids!
I'll let you in on our day tomorrow...and show you thier finished work...
until then..
love to you...merry christmas...

1 comment:
I love you too mom. you don't know how blessed I am to see you!
Post a Comment