It's a jolly sushi Christmas-
What a beautiful day. Celebrating the birth of Christ by feasting on the Japanese delicacy (dipped in wheat free soy of course). Jae and Billy rolled and rolled and rolled... never before in the history of sushi night at the DiCocco house have we NOT finished every soft, luxurious bite... but there was so much left over yesterday... maybe we were secretly hoping YOU would stop by to share our christmas meal with us.

Besides all the sushi preparing and consuming...we laid pretty low... resting in front of the fireplace (watching it shoot flames into the chimney as we torched our disposed wrapping paper). We played homemade board games (crafted by my talented sister) and once it got dark we pulled down the shade on the picture window in the front room and watched a giant sized movie. Considering no one had slept more than an hour at a time all night christmas eve... we were all ready for some serious holiday snuggle time.
::: The best line of the day :::
Harrison opening his stocking and saying with a little smirk on his face : "Isn't it clever how Santa can coordinate wrapping paper for stocking presents with the very same paper each family is already using!!"



7 comments:
that harrison is a pretty observant mister! love you guys. mr. chris
Love the blog! Stumbled upon it via a link from Mr. Dornan's...
Hey, look for some mail this week! :)
-Laura
i think Ben Franklin said it best...
"Sushi is proof that there is a God and He wants us to be happy."
Actually, I think he said "beer" but he probably never had sushi, so I will assume he would have wrote that about sushi as well. Hmmm, beer AND sushi...
OK, that's it! This makes @< 4 of my respected friends/family that say I HAVE to eat sushi despite my squeemish reservations; and please realize I love to try exotic things. I've voluntarily eaten crickets and mealworms(should I have admited that?), but raw fish seems like too much. Raw fish? Why?!?!
I guess I'm in.
11 Years old tomorrow right Maddy? Have a Happy Birthday!
Kindest Regards,
The Boonstra's
@m and chris- YES! shushi (affectionately dubbed by Avery) is one of life's wonders! Nothing like crickets and mealworms. Nothing at all. Come join us next time... sushi night is a barrel of love at our house.
to the anonymous boonstras-
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! What a bond to keep us connected after all these years! So glad you popped by in DiCoccoville! Keep coming, or better yet, come over for real! We'd love to catch up.
Post a Comment