


A whole lot of pictures -
because honestly, if we are sharing life together here in this space, then pictures is exactly what I have been doing these last days since we talked last. In fact, not counting my own dicocco kids - I have completed 17 separate sessions since last week Wednesday. I can show you highlights - but first I want to hold true to the promise of puppets ...
Harrison and Avery chose to celebrate Japan by holding their own theatre productions from behind the couch.
Harrison chose a folk tale about a Grandmother who was stolen
by the dreaded "Oni" monsters and forced to make dumplings until her escape from the dreaded Oni cave. Seriously, you must take proper notice of the Oni- infested cave - that boy of mine is pretty clever. Avery's story was of two brothers, each of whom had his turn falling down a well - one of whom
got out safely due to the fact that he had a short name that was easy to blurt out when the other brother ran to get help. The poor long named child wasn't so lucky though. The boy was too tired from the running to spit out the long name and the old man had to wait until the boy caught his breath before he could understand the words he was sputtering. There was a moment of sock puppet CPR and all was fine though. No worries.
got out safely due to the fact that he had a short name that was easy to blurt out when the other brother ran to get help. The poor long named child wasn't so lucky though. The boy was too tired from the running to spit out the long name and the old man had to wait until the boy caught his breath before he could understand the words he was sputtering. There was a moment of sock puppet CPR and all was fine though. No worries. We continued our celebration with sushi and Japanese music and lots of soft, quiet manners and refusing to take something until it had been offered three times. We massacred Japanese words and our feet fell asleep from sitting on them for too long. But we laughed a lot and sighed deeply with satisfaction that the 5 of us were there together, doing school and doing life and perfectly happy.
Now, as for the rest of the pictures... I've been thinking of putting some up in flikr - I mean more than just of those dicocco kids that we all love... but random people that you or I might or might not know, but I have spent time with over the past few days - both in the studio and hours in photoshop. I never have before because they are pictures of people you don't know.. but they are, in some divine way, and extension of me and my days and my art - I don't know... what do you think? I might put a few up in flikr and see how it feels. I'm off to update now... you know how to get there right? click the square over here on the right and it will sweep you over. See you there!


1 comment:
Loved the photos of the kids. I can't ever get enough.
Post a Comment