Passover

I know I'm a little late... the celebration of Passover has come and gone... but the memories so sweet and the pictures are
beautiful. This has been a week filled with cleaning and clearing so forgive me for being a little behind. We have spent time begining to settle in to our new home (and the wonderful big family we are creating) and yet mourning as our Cambridge house feels empty. Madyline spent much of yesterday unsettled and crying" I am just sad and I know this is all good, but I feel like I just want to go home... and I don't' have a home to go to."
beautiful. This has been a week filled with cleaning and clearing so forgive me for being a little behind. We have spent time begining to settle in to our new home (and the wonderful big family we are creating) and yet mourning as our Cambridge house feels empty. Madyline spent much of yesterday unsettled and crying" I am just sad and I know this is all good, but I feel like I just want to go home... and I don't' have a home to go to." Yes, change is difficult.
Even when it is beautiful.

I resonate with the Israelites right now. I know I'm not supposed to say that, but it's true. After living in the yuck of slavery, they begged God for deliverance. They cried out to Him to be complete again... and God heard their cries. For months, they were swept away in a flood of God's miracles as He flexed His muscles to show off his power. They saw first hand who God is - not storybook God, but in your face, I AM THAT I AM God. He rescued them and set them on a journey that would change the nation forever - undeniably Him lining the path of the journey - even to the point of clearing out a sea in front of their eyes for them to pass through - and to annihilate their enemies. AND YET - only days past the miracles - only days beyond the moments when all is clear and amazing and they forget that it was unforgettable. They are hungry, they are thirsty, they are tired and in their moment of weakness, they long for the comfort of "home". Familiarity. Today, I get it.
Not to say that I will be in this place forever... or even that I am sulking around in it even now. This has been a week filled with beauty. I just feel unresolved too - like an ache that needs a moment to heal. I need to take time to remember what God looks like - and what He has done.
I need a Passover with friends and family to continue to tell the stories so I always remember.
God is pretty smart I think... to set up such a beautiful, tangible, celebration to give us times to remember His stories. It is one of the things I have enjoyed so much in learning about the Jewish culture - the parts we can share as followers of the same God.
Thanks Jen and Brian for inviting us.



7 comments:
Elijah and Sebastian and oh the children are all so beautiful.
Tracy, I'm not moving away as you are...but I am in my own Egypt right now. I resonate with your story today and it gets me a bit choked up.
I suppose we are all leaving Egypt...always...
Last year, we had a speaker come to our church from Jews for Jesus, and he took us through the Passover Sadar and showed us how these ancient Jewish tradtions point to Christ as Messiah. It was so interesting, and it made me feel... connected.
I'm praying for you guys, Tracy.
diane- yes... I am getting that sence from you - sorry I have been swirling in my own world - but yes, I agree - there will always be an Egypt. That is why life is called a journey.
grace- ah, connecting is such a great word. The richness seeps deep inside you and it all makes sence. Check out a guy named Ray Vanderlaan. He is the one that started our quest for "the big story" that then led us into the life we lead now.
We missed Sedar dinner this year because of, well...snot. But what a time. You may certainly resonate with the Isrealites! How can you NOT? Our Torah study has been the single most life-changing thing in our walk the past 2 years. Egypt is not just for Isrealites...because we're grafted in. There is always Egypt. And, hopefully soon, Jerusalem.
Next year, Jerusalem.
Mom
Yes. Next year, in Jerusalem. Way to go, Mom.
Dicocco gang -
We miss you. We love you. We are feeling this with you. The moving, the homelessness, the desperate heart cry "When God? Why not now?" Heck, we even did passover for the first time, and what an experience that is!
Men's bible studies love to use Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." We as guys, really like to think of ourselves as iron. But we don't think about how iron is shaped and molded. We want God to reach down with soft fingers and gently form us like clay, but when we're iron, it takes beating on an anvil in intense heat. :) That's what I feel like this pre-missions journey is. God is forging us into the tools He needs. I'm not ready yet, though I desperately want to be. So there will be more months of Ministry Partner Development, homelessness and uncertainty about when.
I didn't think about Egypt and Jerusalem. That's a great image. We're praying for you!
Blessings!
Post a Comment