More breaks from classes.
One thing we have learned that has played an important role in these lessons here at MTI is that we need to take care of our own souls. People who go out to serve God cross cultures, or anyone in full time ministry, have the tendency of taking care of everyone but themselves. Be it guilt from spending support money on a "vacation" or the idea that God doesn't take a vacation and neither should we... but the strain of giving yourself... the strain of navaigating a cross
cultural lifestyle... the commands of God to Sabbath... we have had presented to us time and again that we need to get
away from time to time, even for an afternoon or a day, and enjoy. Rest. Refill. Soak in life away from our ministry. Soak in life.
So we have been practicing and enjoying Colorado Springs a little...
One thing we have learned that has played an important role in these lessons here at MTI is that we need to take care of our own souls. People who go out to serve God cross cultures, or anyone in full time ministry, have the tendency of taking care of everyone but themselves. Be it guilt from spending support money on a "vacation" or the idea that God doesn't take a vacation and neither should we... but the strain of giving yourself... the strain of navaigating a cross
So we have been practicing and enjoying Colorado Springs a little...

5 comments:
can I get an AMEN? that's how I felt when I was a missionary.
Can I also say how lucky you are that people are processing with you BEFORE you go? makes me a smidge jealous.
that is so funny... I just wrote that line... "can I get an amen" in a mass email I sent to our tribe from MTI. It's not something either of us say often and we both used it on the same day.
Hmmm...
the processing has just begun missy. just begun
I so agree. As a minister's wife, I know the importance of taking that "family time" and even that alone time to just get away from it all and relax. Spending time with those we love, enjoying creation, that's worship too, you know?
Glad to read your updates. The picture of the giraffe made me smile, because I remembered our trip to Kenya and seeing my then 1 1/2 year old with his hand in a giraffe's mouth! Good memories!
I love what you are doing and how much you are growing and exploring....but i am more jealous of your chances to explore Colorado Springs on your off time...with a CAMERA...but i'll get over it. I know you'll be jealous of my bunnies and chicks at work! hahaha! they are cute this year and wait til you hear my names for them! hahaha!
I have done some growing of my own while you've been away... but i also have done some relapsing, but it all takes time... i'm getting there.
I visited those ruins from your photos while i was still in Middle School...and I remember them well... except while I was there, it was exhausting waiting in the 90+ degrees for the ceremonial dances to begin!
Have you experienced any altitude issues? I didn't agree with Pike's Peak...nor the twisty drive from CO Springs to Aspen... yuck! I think i could handle it now... ;)
And the zoo photos? I love Giraffes! just getting prepared i see for your new life and adventure!!!! ;)
I am so happy you are well and happy... I miss you terribly and have so much to share with you upon your return!
xoxox
-hd
p.s. keep an eye pealed for someone going through second hand WWII relapses... ;) xoxoxo
My "word verification" in a random just type these 5-8 letters or numbers kind of way..... is "earplug" ...silly....
Anyways, I wanted to ask you to drop me an e-mail....just a quickie from your new address. The reason you didn't get the ice all over pictures is because they were "refused"....I think that I didn't type in your newest e-mail correctly....
Thanks bunches!
Sharon
Post a Comment