Wednesday, December 13, 2006



Just so you know him...
This is my sweet Harrison...



Harrison who just this weekend was at a meeting at church with Billy and I. At one point, I looked over and found him scribbling furiously on the whiteboard, explaining the molecular structure of atoms to whomever would listen... drawing diagrams and detailing protons and neutrons and electrons and the relationships they have...



This is Harrison, who just the day before the lesson on molecular chemistry was at a party, filled with adults and friends that we love. I, in the kitchen, chatting happily with a good friend, have a moment of pride as I hear the familiar notes of "Ode to Joy" being played on his recorder (a class project at school). I glance into the living room... to see my son performing the song triumphantly... with the mouthpiece of the recorder shoved up his nose.






Harrison who just today was in the car with me... when a friend asked
"tracy, why do you homeschool Mady and not Harrison and Avery?"

and I was quick to answer...
"Well, I guess I just love Mady more than the other guys..."

Harrison, not missing a beat says "No, actually, it is because you love us MORE than you love Mady... because you are giving us a chance to have a good education by sending us to professionals who know what they are doing when they teach! Haha..."



Once upon a time, God gave me a son.
.
.
I think it might be too late to send him back.




1 comment:

diane said...

And yesterday when I stopped in at Mars I stopped to chat with Harrison and Avery who were behaving like angels.

The first thing Harrison said to me was, "I can count to 100 in Spanish!" And then he proceeded to demonstrate.

Smart Kid!