Saturday, November 04, 2006

A funny thing happened the other day at the airport...


I know, most stories that start out this way are going to be embellished to make them as catchy and as interesting as promised... but I devote to you, what I am about to say is honest and true....
It wouldn't make sense for me to make up something this ridiculous...



So, standing in line at Starbucks

(almond steamer.... mmmm)
the lady behind us (also a part of the Mars team that was traveling) gestures to me and says to my friends "so, is this one of your daughters?". To which my too-young-to-have-kids-my-age friends politely said "no, no..." and I quickly held out my hand to introduce myself, diverting any awkwardness.
"I'm tracy dicocco"
to which she answers "OH! That is why you look familiar!"
here I am thinking the conversation is over... but she adds
"You do look so much like your mom!"
and I stand there a little bit confused before I answer ever-so politely
"You must have me confused with someone else..
my mom doesn't actually live around here."
to which SHE now looks confused and answers...
"Oh, then you must not be the DiCocco's from Mars Hill."
Now, here is where I am befuddled... we are, indeed, the dicocco's from Mars Hill.
.. in fact, we are the only dicocco's not only at the Hill, but also in all our fine city...
and so I answer tentatively, almost sheepishly because the idea in my head is so silly....

"well now, I am the MOM of the dicocco family...."

AND SHE GASPED
and starts talking 60 miles an hour..."oh, you look so much like your daughter and she comes in to help me in the information center sometimes... so friendly and energetic... I just thought you were her... and oh my goodness..."

SO... happy Saturday from an 11 year old and a 35 year old who are somehow catching up to one another...

4 comments:

Brantleysmom said...

35? Surely not....I'm only 29

Oh yeah........... YOU were 6 when I was born weren't you!

Double Chocolate Chip Frappicino, that's my new yummy!

Me

diane said...

FUN!
You do look alike.
You do look quite younger than your suggested age.
But you do not look 11...my young, beautiful, hip friend.

21 for sure.

That makes me 19. Sweet.

the dicocco gang said...

funny thing about this picture is that it is actually two pictures... taken a day apart.

I took pictures of Mady, to test my light set up for a photo shoot last weekend. Then, the next day.. we had a break in the portrait schedule, and she asked if she could take pictures of me.

When I went to look at the files to put them up here... I found these two identical poses...

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love the identical poses, love our likenesses to our duaghters, love being mistaken for a teenager!! As I look at my wrinled hands typing on the keyboasrad, and wonder where it has all gone...enjoy the moment, soak up the journey, pause at the cresendo.