Wednesday, November 08, 2006


... and from out
of the land of photoshop ,
she emerges...

And once again,
the love overflow-eth.

26 families made appointments during our black-and-white-studio-portrait-fundraising-for-our-South-African-Visas weekend.

26 of you lovely people.
and you brought your kids and music and dogs and coffee tables.

*Alan left his CD with me as a love gift.
*Jen brought me soup on Friday.
*Jodie brought me soup on Saturday.
*Isabella was such a brave little girl once we initiated the pacifier game.
*Avy was born to model.
*Matt brought in his guitar and sang to us.
*Kate and Curt did a fabulous emotion series... angry/ambivalent/flirty.
* Lilly played leapfrog.
* Grant brought in rubber bats and spiders and flew around like a creature of the night.
* Jodie and the boys... dang... I can not even say what happened in that hour. It is still a blur of random craziness... even without the 5 second game!

That is a lot of fun going on there.

and I am honored, and thankful, and exhausted.

But, here we are, LESS than two weeks (and countless hours of photoshop prowess) later, and I am ready to unveil a beautiful assortment of proof books.

Can you find yourself in the pile?

And yet again, we find ourselves amazed at the love we receive.
Thanks for loving us. Thanks for trusting us with your family's photos.
Thanks for being a part of helping us put nearly $1,000 in our Africa bucket to go toward our visas.

And now... let the fun begin... Jamii is over (well, I'm still writing thank yous and doing data entry... they are coming, they really are!) and the photo shoot is over... I never thought the holiday season would be a quite respite... but I am so in the mood for warm nights by the fireplace and hot cocoa and spending time with friends again!

See you in the living room!!

5 comments:

Miss Laura said...

I had no idea this was happening! Love Kate's much-adored belly, much love the Lockwood family (I always liked that half of Greg's face best!)

Grace said...

I so, so, so wish I lived closer to you sometimes. Your pictures are amazing, and I would love to see what you would do with my little red-haired fireball.

I checked a book out of the church library yesterday, and handwritten in the front cover it said, "Donated by Marianne Fletcher". It made me remember back when I was a nervous pregnant lady about to be voted in at the church, and the kindness and hospitality your parents showed us. I would never wish her back from her Italian adventure... but seeing her name made me miss her.

By the way... my hubby and I are going to Romania in a couple weeks to lead worship at a conference for missionaries there. GULP!

Grace

Anonymous said...

...hmmmm...I don't see me in there anywhere...interesting!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, you've done an amazing thing! This is beautiful. It's more than just photos, you gave of yourself and time.

Anonymous said...

It's Nov. 19...tell me a story.