Wednesday, August 02, 2006


Happy Birthday to me!!!
Okay, Julie... where are you? Billy and our favorite Marie conspired and she made me the most fabulous gluten-free lemon cake (Kenny... LEMON) with fresh blueberries peeking out from between the layers. Oh, pure bliss....
She said she had never made one before... Oh, I can not wait to see her again to shower her with extravagant praise!!!

Also... my beautiful sister MADE (m...a...d...e...) me some fresh vanilla. If you know how much I adore real vanilla you'll know what an delightful treat this is. I have been simply dizzy with trying to decide how to use it.

Harrison chose out this lovely bracelet... he told me this fabulous story about patterns and jewels and beautiful colors that are fabulous but not crazy and it all together reminded him of wonderful me. We were sitting at Marie's for breakfast when he shared his story with me... and I asked him if he'd write it all down for me so I'd remember it when I was old.... he said "No Mom, I think that would take too much work." Yeah, being a mom... huh?

Katie... I know you will be all about this bracelet!
Thank you to Madyline.
I adore the clunky typewriter keys... words, symbols, expression, there is something valuable about words, and this reminds me that there is something lasting in them as well.

AND I CAN NOT FORGET MY LITTLE AVA WHO HAS GIVEN ME A RAINBOW OF SHARPIE MARKERS IN EVERY COLOR IMAGINABLE!!

Happy birthday to me... I am filled with love.
Thank you.
Now I think I will go celebrate with sushi.
I'll have a spicy tuna roll for you...

9 comments:

KatieKate said...

oh my garsh...
LOVE the typewriter key necklace. So very fun.

Be safe out of town.
See you when you get back.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Mike and Chris said...

Happy Birthday!

We Love You.

Anonymous said...

A cake from Marie!!!!!!!!!! It looks like it was sooo delicious. And you have children that have incredible taste.
Happy Birthday!

Brantleysmom said...

Jessica, could you bottle that Vanilla and sell it to me? I just happen to be on an outing today....HUNTING nervously for gluten free vanilla in order to bake for Tracy the most interesting "Troll's House cookies".

I didn't even know that Vanilla had gluten......whatever IS gluten anyways? I plan on becoming more educated on this very topic tomorrow as we munch on those Troll cookies!

Sharon

Lori said...

Happy Birthday, Tracy!

Brian & Lori

Anonymous said...

happy happy (belated...) birthday...

cake photos and cd's upon your return... yippie!

love ya always....
-hd

Anonymous said...

jb- you can't beat him if you oversleep :O) Glad you enjoyed Marie's though!!

Sharon!! You are baking for me?? OH MY GRACIOUS! Wow.

Thank you to you all. I love you too.

Miss Laura said...

Happy Belated!

LOVE, LOVE the typewriter key bracelet! Those things are great!

Anonymous said...

Where am I? Home now - home. I would even like a slice of that cake if it had mold on it or a frog fell out - it looks amazing. Happy birthday to my gf/singing/africa loving/sweet/giving/still/thinking/funny/trip taking girlfriend. Much love - Julie