
So... if you make koolaid with organic sugar,
does it somehow balance out and become healthy?
Honestly, what is it about childhood familiarity that wraps you in a blanket of comfort when you are sick? We don't even drink koolaid at our house... and yet, here I am, sick with some nasty fevery- crampy stomach thing and all I want is black cherry koolaid and animal crackers. It doesn't even taste that good... it is just... well, comfortable.
Cold and sweet and comfortable.
I wonder what my kids will count as their special cure all when they are grown up and away from our home.
Harrison says "chocolate chip cookies with extra chocolate chips"
Ava says "miss den's apple dutch pancakes"
and Madyline says "california rolls".
A little more effort than a .10 cent package of koolaid...
but we live in different times, do we not?
Jumble sale was fabulous...
Thank you to all my dears who stopped by to sit on the porch with us and even added things into the jumble!
Avery, in the end, brought Biggest Pinkey out into the yard and slapped a $30 price tag on her hoof. .. in between the toes so no one could really see.
By the end of Thursday, she had swapped it out to $20... and was actually sad that no one had wanted to take home her special treasure. We all assured her it was just waiting for a very special person to come. And sure enough... on Friday, not only was Biggest Pinkey bought for the $3 advertised on the new tag... but she was bought by a boy who ran right up adoringly to him ( I'm certain that now she pig is a "he")... but also this boy's family is a neighbor of ours three blocks away and now they are all new friends.
How perfect of an ending is that story?


5 comments:
My magical cure is hot lemonade for a sore throat and a cold; and a special scrambled/poached egg for just plain sick. My dad(dy) used to make those for me when I was sick. Was it the actual food or the "daddy cure"?
YES! That is exactly what I mean! There is nothing magical about koolaid. It is actually vile stuff. But it is the memory associated with it. Comfort of home. The memory of childhood and being protected and loved when you are feeling sick and most vulnerable.
By the way. No matter how good chocolate milk sounds to a 104 fever... it does NOT mix well with a crampy stomach.
oh, yuck.
The Sebeck cure for a cold...for some odd reason...was to be moved to the living room couch (with your bed spread and pillow)with a ginger ale and popcorn close by and a stack of movies. Makes no sense what so ever...but I have noticed that I head to the living room when I start to feel a little under the weather.
You said something about using the organic sugar in the 10 cwent package of Kool Aide. I do stuff like that all the time.
Can I top a Tombstone Pizza with Parmesan Reggiano cheese? Is it wrong use truffle oil when making a box of mashed potatoes?
beautiful ava... as someone who is more then a decade and a half younger then me, i must say you are more mature then the phrase, "wise beyond your years..." You did something that even a 23 year old adult couldn't do- part with your pig...or a broken c-clamp left over from an Geo Metro fixing attempt...or a make-shift-bracelete from a rock climber made from rock climbing rope... or an old bottle of captain morgan from the same person... so on and so forth... crazy. great job.
so i applaud you... and if i had known you were gonna drop the price that drastically, i would have snatched your piggy up myself. but i know you made a little boy VERY happy!
tracy, i looked at your photos on that little site, and i loved, loved, loved the one for me about flag day. awesome! i can't wait for friday.
well, dicocco's... keep on truckin'!
love ya lots!
-hd
p.s. cake... yippie!
Post a Comment