That means garage sale in South Africa. And it is true. We are clearing out here at the homestead... Harrison just separated out a pile of videos that stands as tall as he does. Madyline and I cleaned out TWO blue garbage bags absolutely stuffed with trash from her room last night... and still came away with three brown paper bags filled with garage sale fodder. Avery is sniffling but resolved to let "Giant Pinkey" (the largest member of the Pinkey stuffed animal family) go to a new home. I'm slimming down most of my vintage cameras, darkroom equipment, cookbooks, toys toys toys and so many odds and ends you'd think our house was empty now... but somehow it isn't. Unfortunately.
Come on over and share a cup of lemonade with me and keep us company. I might even make brownies if I have a minute or two. Hopefully, we'll be busy and I won't have any minutes... but brownies would be a great disspointment softener when we do start dragging.
In other great news... July 14th in Chicago...His hat is on backward, he can show you his tatoo, he is in the music business, he is calling me "dude". Jennifer and I will be girls weekending in Chicago boogie-ing to CAKE. For real. We are now accepting callers for these pendant keychains ... are you up for a girls weekend?
Tasha... cancel whatever it is. Cake will be fabulous.
In related news... any time you order something off the internet, you are at risk. Thank you God for credit card fraud protection... because apparently, we are traveling either to or through Maylasia in the near future. Dang. You'd think that if you were going to steal someone's credit card number, you wouldn't book travel arrangements. That might let the good guys know where you, the bad guy, is going to be. I wonder if they booked a rental car and hotel... wouldn't that be a stitch in the pants? I can just see Jerry Orbach and Benjamin Bratt walking up to them in a diner starting a conversation before BAM in comes the dry wisecrack and Brisco reads the nastys their rights.
I have to keep cleaning. I wish I knew what to do with all this artwork. Piles and piles of it. It doesn't sell in garage sales... but I have so much of it. It's no wonder why artists need studio space. It is hard to live in the middle of piles and piles of old or unfinished work. All to sentimental to get rid of... but not important enough to hang.
As soon as I get a handle on it... I am going to sell all my black metal gallery frames (11x14) for $10 each. That is less than a third of what they cost new. Speak up.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Jumble sale in DiCoccoville tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I may very well stop over...and I may very well be interested in one of those frames. I don't know what I could put in one that would be 11x14, but we've got a black and silver frame theme going and that's awfully tempting.
I have a mini-studio going myself...all the great art I had hanging in MY apartment before the great Mikrut Merger...sad to say that our tastes do not entirely merge and they were all vetoed. If anyone wants a framed poster-size print of The Scream, let me know. (I'm saddest about my huge Kandinsky...but I'm not willing to part with it yet!)
ME TOO
ME TOO
Me
Too
see you tomorrow
save me some spinach
thank you for your sweet voice on my machine...amde my day
i am thinking of stopping by to see you guys today and/or tomorrow...
and i am tickled about cake... i am listening to them almost non stop in my car waiting...counting down the days.... i'm soooooooo excited! yippie!!!!!!!
talk to you soon...
my love to all....
-hd
p.s. my code today to type in to prevent whatever it prevents, is tdaaa... how perfect... ta-daaaa!
Hi Tracy it's Jera...If you don't sell those frames let me know. I know an art class they would probably be interested.
Greetings from Malaysia!
Sorry... i had to, even though i told you the joke on the driveway today...
thanks so much for all of my goodies...and the BEST buck coke i ever had! (except Ava and I found a can in my trunk that had escaped me in all of my fast and furious rummaging for at LEAST one can of bubbly goodness for two days... darn inflation! ;) but i told ava that it was her sign that sold me on it... cold and refreshing!
thanks for all of my camera goodies...my mom is gonna be like, "what did you buy?" ooops! but it was worth it. but i wanted them... ;)
(let me know if you ever sell the 4x5... first dibs.)
okay... i will talk to you later. be safe and keep counting down the days... i only hope i make it home from my world wind tour on your credit card... ;)
xoxoxo
-hd
p.s. maddy? so i picked out charms and i never got a bracelete???? ;( maybe next time.
Post a Comment