Lately I've been feeling very maternal. Maybe it is the homeschooling decision, knowing Madyline and I are going to have all this time together... learning and sharing and growing in our perspective ways. I'm a little nervous and a lot excited.. or is it the other way around?? I think Madyline is feeling a bit soft too, perhaps in anticipation of our upcoming year... here she dedicated a magnetic poetry story board to the two of us. Click to enlarge it so you can read through the whole thing... here is a hint... The word "I" in the left middle is the keystone... all the sentences start from there.
Maybe it is because Harrison has been having such a difficult time sleeping lately. Even though he isn't having troubles every night till 11:30... I still wake up every morning to him sleeping on the floor next to my bed. This morning I asked him why he was there. He answered "because of you. I just wanted to be near you mom."
Maybe it is the fact that I will have two new nieces (or a nephew and a niece) ... one in a matter of days and the other in just a few weeks. And two of my dearest friends have recently begun growing suspiciously round in the belly. Another family we love is in the process of an international adoption and my girlfriend told me today that she feels like she just can't wait... not only because she is excited to have her child... but also because there is a 99% chance that their child is already alive and living life every day in an orphanage right now. That certainly makes you see the world differently, doesn't it?
Or perhaps it is the bond I share with my own mom that is making me all misty...

the kind of true love that only a mom and daughter can share...
the kind of love that would go out and buy THIS.
If you know me at all, you know why this is so funny. I have never even seen the perky idols... and in some stupid way, I've been kind of proud of that fact. Not the case any more. I am now the proud owner of three coveted seats to see them in live and in fact in person.
Watch, just because I've held out for so long... I'm going to end up being "wowed" by Taylor and the gang... I'm going to end up borrowing the entire season from someone who I might have previously laughed at for recording them... and stay up late to develop my own opinions on Simon and his comments and the fresh faced contestants who keep disappearing one by one...
I love you mom...
I'm superman excited for you to visit
(even though I'm not your favorite because I laughed when you asked)

7 comments:
Did you enjoy the shampoo? I LOVE freebies! When can we chat?
What??? Shampoo??? Free Shampoo??
I think I've walked in on the wrong half of the conversation!
Call me anytime!!
In fact, I think you should come up here this summer and we can wash our hair with free shampoo at the beach!
You know someone who has taped the season?!? Is it too late for another Mother's Day gift?
Uhm... I might have been kidding mom (sheepish grin... actually I'm lying about the sheepish grin... I'm sitting by myself in front of the computer laughing out loud. I think I just scared Zoe). I miss you.
POP TARTS...??? it's funny, cause it's true. you just can't make this stuff up!
i'm sorry... but you never told me that the show was being sponsored by pop tarts... don't get me wrong, i LOVE pop tarts... i used to make them for austin every morning, but that just seems so funny to me... you'd think that you would have mentioned that in between the ternential downpour on friday and the shakes...
maybe because they are in fact pop tarts... they are now pop singers, but not yet full on pop stars...they are pop tarts...
sorry... just thought it was funny...it sounded funny... it read funny. come see the american idols... sponsored by pop tarts.
but way to go for that pop tart rep. he can retire off of that commission.
love ya... hope you guys have fun... bring your binoculars...
now i can't wait for the cake concert... wonder if they are gonna be sponsored by fruit roll ups.... or mint chocolate chip ice cream...
xoxoxo
-hd
pop tarts... it's still funny.
you shouldn't laugh at your mom... that's mean. ;)
my mom would talk for HOURS each day about each episode... and i would find it funny how sometimes, these manly men would be at work or in the store talking about it... oh...it's 7:45...we gotta get home...
awww...i don't want your mom to hate me, now... in fact...i have seen all the seasons... (just didn't watch this one until the past 5 or 6 weeks...)
pop tarts... (snickering)... sorry.
xoxoxo
-hd
Dad was right, being favorite doesn't last very long.
Post a Comment