Wednesday, May 31, 2006



A good night's sleep!!

After a full week of tears... of stories... of warm milk with cinnamon... of snuggling... of threats... of being scared...of cool washcloths.... of 11:30 nights and 6:30 mornings (with a few interruptions in between)...

last night, Harrison fell asleep normally.
(that is... with a few extra hugs and kisses)

He told me this morning that yesterday when he was doing his homework, " God told me it was going to be the best night ever. And it was true. I had a "blink night" ... where you just close your eyes and *blink* it is morning."

He was also very excited that he is so far ahead of me in the book we are both reading... which isn't entirely fair because he has had so much extra time to read this week... lying in bed trying to relax. We read a couple of chapters together on the couch... so when I get up to those pages, I can skip right over them and get caught up so I can still beat him. I have all day while he is in school... ha ha ha.

No comments: