

Harrison's prayer last night went something like this... 
"Lord, sometimes you know that we just need extra love to be able to make it through our day... so you RIP it right from your heart and you spread it all over us till it becomes a forcefield of love. Not the kind that keeps people out- but the kind that pulls people in toward you like an attractor beam and locks them inside. Thank you Lord for that kind of love."

Our Lord heard his prayer and must have loved Harrison deeply because today, He shared that kind of day with us. And we are absolutely blessed for it.
Harrison said to me as we wandered the streets... "Mom, this is a day that will be in my heart and in my mind for the rest of my life."
Yes, my dear. We pray that is true.


13 comments:
Yes, my dears, I, too, hope this is a day you will hold in your hearts and minds. I know it is the answer to my prayers for your lives.
Mom
oh dicoccos...
can it be anymore beautiful? Can our Lord show up even more? We know the answers' yes, and yet still remain awestruck at the force of what He does grant us!!!
I am in awe of you all. of your obedience, your wonder, your faith, your family.
May God continue to give you his daily bread of love.
WE LOVE YOU!! Amy, Scott, Daniel, David and Andrew.
p.s. you know there's a homemade pizza night waiting for you upon your return!!
Tracy, tracy...the tears came to me today as I read this blog and watched Harrison hold hands with an African. One of my favorite things about South/East African culture is watching men hold hands as they walk down the street together.
My sister is there now. In Nairobi. So part of me is happy to know that you are having an adventure in S. Africa and the other part of me is sad because Dawn is there too...with my nephews.
But you. Hmmm...I'm so happy that you are there. I can picture it all as you describe it. The markets, the people, the noise...and the smell of Africa.
Ryan said to me as they got ready to board the plane, "Come to Kenya, you already know the way."
Maybe...
It is so beautiful to get a taste of what you're experiencing and seeing. What a beautiful prayer that Harrison had. Thanks for continuing to share with us.
We love you,
Your experience will indeed last a lifetime and so will your longing to return. You will not be able to get Africa out of your system, especially after you meet so many loving and caring people.
Rock On Muzungus!!!!!!
Love ya,
Doug
You're planting all kinds of seeds. Ones the people you meet will take, grow, and plant more of. Ones that will make your children long to do more things like this with their lives. Ones that will nourish you and Billy. I'm amazed at God's abilities.
Bill, I received your email and would love to speak with you. I am delighted that you are in South Africa. I am in Cape Town which is 1,000 miles south of where you currently find yourself.
Keep up the good work. I hope you have a safe journey through Africa.
My number is 083 273 4849 or alternately post a contact number for you here and I will call you.
Shahene
Glad to see and hear all is going well with you guys!! It looks awesome there!!
We are reading and watching your journey from Missouri! Stay safe and know that you are loved from all points on the earth and beyond. You all are AMAZING!
WE LOVE YOU DICOCCOS. YOU ARE IN OUR HEARTS AND IN OUR PRAYERS.
LOVE
JOPLIN FLETCHERS
i love you
i love you
i love you
i love you
i love you
i love you
i love you!!!
Kids Kove says hello!
Wonderful pictures and stories... Sounds like the kids may come back a little older and wiser than before. Surely a life changing experience you will never forget. The stories of the streets & the marketplace are bringing me our time in Rwanda. Can't WAIT to hear about that elephant Avery!
Mr Eric
wow...simply wow.
your photos are AMAZING... i love seeing them...
it put the icing on the cake (awww that reminds me... CAKE... July 14 in CHICAGO...)... but back on topic! The photos make this adventure you are on seem that much more real to me...and knowing that you are actually doing this is simply surreal! I wish I was there, too.... maybe someday!
miss you much...
xoxoxo
-hd
Post a Comment