Hey Kids... How many days???

Right now I can't even be healthy and talk about all that at the same time though. So much going on. I know we will be ready to leave...and we are so excited and anxious and joyful... it just seems like a whole lot of ... lot... right now.
Not Wilson went to school today....
yes he did...
Mady and I are home sick today.
No, I'm actually serious.
What great timing... right?
Here is us looking sick...
( see our pouty lips because we really don't want to be sick)
I got an email today from my roommate in college... she and her family have been very involved with the crisis in Africa... specifically kids living in poverty in Kenya. They have set up a non-profit organization to begin to meet some of the vast needs starting there and, with God's blessings, throughout all of Africa someday. Theirs is the link on the right of this page that says "the 10/10 project" ... Go to it right now... watch the commercial that is titled "This is Africa". It is narrated by their son, Tanner. I just did. I'm crying right now. For real.
Granted, I might be a bit hyper- emotional at the moment as it is. With three days to go, I have a low grade fever accompanied by a monster head cold, a giant "to do" list, a larger than life financial spreadsheet with a lot of red on it, and we have just received the news that we do indeed get to travel to Nyaraguru, Rwanda to visit the boy we sponsor through World Vision. It is all so beautiful and overwhelming to me....and a bit seizing because we are so aware of what we will be a part of there.... and so aware of the implications of this trip in our lives.
This is no vacation.
But God is good.
Truly, I hold fast to that.
Tomorrow early evening is a time to pray at our house. Please come if your heart leads you here.
And one last thought... does anyone have any meaningful insight into the exact translation of the word "entourage"?? If someone used it a sentence while answering your question about what you could expect in hosting lunch for a family in a outlying community of a third world country... what would that speak to you?
I'll be sure to let you know what an entourage is when I find out...
only three more days.
Now, go to the 10/10 project.



3 comments:
Okay, amazing simple beautiful clip for the 10/10 project! ...and your sad faces are VERY convincing. I'm sorry you're sick.
Entourage is a whole gaggle of people...like J-Lo and her entourage...
FRIDAYFRIDAYFRIDAYFRIDAYFRIDAY
That's all I can really say.
FRIDAY.
An offical definition =
the group following and attending to some important person
It's French.
And J-Lo is not important.
But I guess anyone can have an entourage these days.
Post a Comment