
When Blogs Collide
This week we had an absolutely fabulous evening that has been TOO LONG coming.
Sushi night with friends. And... to my delight... we rolled unagi for the first time ever in DiCocco-ville. Ah, my favorite! Next time we'll have to figure out how to smoke the eel ourselves too.. because we bought it predone and it had been already somthered in unagi sauce... with a soy sauce base (read here: not gluten free).
Billy and Troy double teamed as master rollers. And roll they did. With style and flare! Not only did those wonderful boys make unagi (mmmmm) but they also delighted us with spicy tuna, california, orange rolls, crunchy (another of my favorites) and something new for us all... octopus (for the record... no one liked that except Harrison and Curt... who I think, just liked playing with it)
Adam and Alisha were initiated into the world of sushi goodness right here in the kitchen de la DiCoccoville. AND they were still smiling when they left. Might have been the margeritas... but I think they are now closet sushi lovers.
Kate... not so sure about the roe. Actually, that is not all together correct. She is quite sure about the roe.... she hates it. It freaks her right out. Me? I love roe... those little orange balls that pop into tiny bursts of sweetness all over your mouth. Sorry you are missing out on the joy of it all Katie. 
Her sweetie Curt proved to be the man of the night... grabbing ingredients and tasting them raw. I mean, I suppose why not... if you can eat raw tuna on a bed of sweet rice, why not just try the raw tuna? He strikes me as a man that needs to have information. I admire that.
All in all, I'm sighing in contentment. A belly full of sushi. A head full of striking conversation. A heart full of friendship. These are the nights when all is good and the twinkle in your eye gets renewed. Thanks for letting me share so that you could be a part of it too. Now go create another in your world. 


2 comments:
Your life screams contentment. I love reading about it. And i LOVE your pictures, have I mentioned that?
Oh my, I can hardly stand it...two sushi posts in a matter of months. You are seriously the coolest family ever! If you ever have a spare seat at the table, let me know. I LOVE raw fishies!
Post a Comment