Wednesday, February 22, 2006


This is especially for Kate
and of course, everyone I love

Earth Solar (vegan)


bought at Clothing Matters in Easttown (you know, behind where the Intersection used to be?)

These shoes are fabulous

... ask Julie
(and apparently anyone Julie saw on Saturday).

For Serious, go try on a pair!

Honestly, I felt a little wrong spending money buying shoes to go visit a third world country. Think with me for a moment of the irony.
...but in the end I can feel okay about it...
1.it was a christmas gift and the money was specifically meant for Africa shoes although at the time i thought I was buying the Keen seattles in red... darn those bony feet of mine!)
2. I honestly only have my birkenstock sandals and my snow boots... and neither of them was quite okay for every day, all terrain. My boots are too hot and my birks are completely open and leave my feet pretty vulnerable.
3. Because of the way I wear shoes, I am pretty certain that any new pair of shoes I do buy, I will wear every day for the next 5 years.... although come spring my birkenstocks might be a bit jealous... They will have to understand though because they are worn clear through the cork into the leather in more than one place.
4. I bought them from a great local shop that supports environmentally conscious companies, free trade and organic fibers.

IN OTHER AMAZING NEWS WORTH CELEBRATING...

Guess what? Indian food (which Alisha made me love and then I have sadly avoided since the whole "gluten free" thing) uses not wheat flour in their rich, creamy sauces... but a flour called BESAN which is made from
CHICKPEAS!!!

That means Indian food is back on the list!

So, who wants to join me for lunch at Bombay ????

3 comments:

diane said...

I cannot join you for lunch...but perhaps an after school snack? Or a Saturday lunch? :)

Love, love, love the new shoes.

So jealous you are going to Africa. My sister lives there and is moving back in 4 weeks. She has asked me to go with her. Perhaps I will sneak into the luggage.

KatieKate said...

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(This is becoming my standard comment...hope that's not annoying...don't see it stopping any time soon.)

The shoes are magic, I can tell.
um...Bombay?
Name the place and time, friend.

Go stop over at my place and tell Curty Happy Birthday, won'tcha?

Anonymous said...

diane- you have been swirling too... in a state of upheaval... think about it.

kate - wooohoooo (stomping and cheering and big smiles all around). The shoes ARE magic! Something about negative heel slopes make your entire body stand in amazing allignment. it's like walking around in a yoga class all day long! Sometimes I want to "Ohm" just for the sheer joy of standing so straight.