Madyline is a teenager.
For real.
Happy Birthday to Madyline. Indicative of the schedule we've held the past few weeks, she chose to spend her entire birthday at home, relaxing in front of a fire with friends. Usually, our birthday adventure with Mady is ice skating or sledding - January seems to dump Arctic snow in the mitten state, but on Tuesday, God must be preparing her for South Africa though, because it was 60 degrees all day! A great day made even better since we bought her a skateboard for her birthday! You've got to check out this board. There are only two wheels, and they are on casters, so they swivel every which way. The thing is danger. And Mady loves it. So much "cooler" than a regular old skateboard. Mom loves the heavy duty pads and
We are packing up this week, I had hoped it would be done last week, but it looks like
We've decided not to contract a shipping container which makes life harder... but I'm glad for the direction. Up until yesterday we were still wavering and it was terrible to try and make decisions when we didnt' really know what we were doing. We are sad about what we will have to leave behind now with only suitcases to bring with us... but I feel a freedom about not spending
I actually need to get back to packing... and figuring out how to fit three skateboards and helmets into a suitcase and still have room left over for four winter coats. Maybe I'll let my sister figure that one out when she comes over this afternoon.

1 comment:
happy birthday, dear mady!
for what its worth, i once shipped a desktop mac from Grand Rapids to Cape Town. No joke. If you would like some pointers, holler.
Post a Comment