Friday, July 06, 2007

We've had a great time here... I have lots of pictures to show you when I get back to my own computer. I just wanted to check in really quickly before I crawl into bed and let you know about tomorrow...

I am driving back to MI all day tomorrow... so I can be on worship team Sunday. Oh how I need to throw back my arms and worship right now. It is going to be so good.

If you read this in time, and it isn't too selfish, I would appreciate a prayer or two for our travels and our van. The old thing has over 200,000 miles on it and has continued to run well for us, but we ran into some transmission troubles on the way here (it refused to shift into overdrive for the last hour of the trip). I had it looked at but nothing seemed to be wrong and I was told to just watch it... which I did and all has been fine... but then today, the afternoon we are supposed to be packing to leave, I couldn't get it to go into reverse which lead to an awkward exchange at the store as I was trying to get out of my parking space. This evening the problem was resolved, although we did nothing to fix it.
I just need to make it all the way home tomorrow. That's all I'm asking for at this point. After that we can ride our bikes for the next few weeks. Of course, if God is feeling generous, it would be nice to not have to replace a transmission on a car we aren't planning on having but for another couple of months... but I'm not even going to worry about that right now. I just need to make it home tomorrow. So I can load these pictures onto my own computer and show them to you. Because you are going to love them.

3 comments:

Miss Laura said...

You have prayers from Mikrutville coming to you and your van! Josh needs your lovely voice to play to tomorrow, after all! :)

Miss Laura said...

I asked Josh what he wants for his birthday, and he said, "gluten free pizza!" Do you have a good pizza crust recipe you can share with me after you're back home and settled in?

the dicocco gang said...

thanks mikrutville :O) I'll be there in the morning!

And... I don't have a great homemade one... Namaste makes a decent box mix... and I love anything you can make with my favorite Pamela's baking mix... although I haven't tried pizza crust. There are some frozen ones you can buy at Harvest. Or Amy's makes a frozen pizza with a rice crust... you just have to doctor it up quite a bit :O)... that is what I usually do. Amy's spinach with rice crust... and then I add my own sauteed onions, spinach, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes and lots of mozzerella. Oh yum.