hey spaceman spiff... we thought of you yesterday. We thought of you as we were driving down the road toward Garden of the Gods and realizing that you must have driven down that same road that we were driving at some time or another. Did you stop at deltaco for lunch? that guy holding the arrow sign was pretty convincing
You were right... it is an amazingly beautiful place. Artwork for sure. Avery was a little dissapointed there weren't any flowers. I think she expected that if Fred Meijer can make a beautiful garden, God's garden must be extravegantly colorful with year round butterflies.
Mady found a rock that had a raised imprint of Africa.
You know how much I love rocks... but i was good and didn't pocket it from the national park. I'm a little dissapointed now, but at least it is a regret where I made the right choice instead of one where I'm regretting making the wrong decision.
Pictures are going to have to do because I am too tired to write much.
We are dealing with the ever popular topic of conflict resolution today and tomorrow at missionary boot camp... wipes you out to a certain degree. But oh, are the converstions ever interesting!
.

6 comments:
oh how I love the picture of you and bill(y)...so perfect
my conflict style?
mad crazy spit fire argument in my head with perfect wording and life-changing justice...much crying on the outside
I LOVE Garden of The Gods... We used to go every summer while staying in Colorado Springs! The last time we went, i was officially a photographer. I always wanted to take another trip out West!
Once we happened upon a valley of the gods out in the middle of no where! that was cool, too!
Miss you... really miss you... coulda used some LOU advice the other day!
love you bunches!
xoxoxo
-hd
p.s. i need nachos!!!!
Glad to see you made it to the Garden. I see a little snow there, but not much. I recognize some of the rocks you are sitting next to as well. I can't believe how different Harrison looks too. He is moving into that little-man phase. How you guys are learning a lot as well as taking time to enjoy Colorado. See you when you return.
I'm so glad you are having this experience. Sounds like you are learning alot. Can't wait to read some more updates from you!
Grace
katie... i so identify! we'll have a big conversation later. I used to think that was horrible that I hold dearly to strong ideas and ideals but tend to shy away from the actual conflict... but I've learned to embrace that as valid. A growth place indeed, but valid.
conflict? run. hide. cry.
talk to the friends i love, who God put in my life to help me with these thigns.
Post a Comment