Saturday, January 20, 2007

You know something is amiss when your book titled "Making Room For Life" is $5 overdue and you can't renew it again to stop the fines from accumulating because you've already renewed it too many times.

I caught my hair on fire last night. Just one chunk, but it's right in the front. I'm on my way to my super fantastic hair-goddesses house right now so she can fix me. I feel a little spoiled that she would do this for me. Spoiled and, oh-so-thankful!

And... last on the agenda for today. Does anyone have women's snow pants (probably a L) or boots (size 10) that Miss Mady could wear this season? I hate to go buy new ones... because we might not actually need them in Africa... but she's such the outdoor adventure princess... and it is winter here now...

3 comments:

Grace said...

I caught my hair on fire once. I was leaning over to blow out birthday candles and my hair swung forward... I hope your hair goddess is able to repair the damage!

I'm praying for you guys as you prepare for your move. Remember Joshua 1:9!

Grace

Anonymous said...

Just the other day I was at the libraay, my head hung low, telling the librarian that we've lost yet another book. And wondering how much this one will cost. The sweet librarian suggested renewing it. I told him I've done that too many times for the system to let me do it again. He said he'd renew it again for me anyway, and says, "It's a children's book, children's books are always replaced. Take one more month to look for it, and then if you can't find it, go look for a new one online that might be cheaper."
So off I went home, bought a new one for 15 cents online, only to find the book 10 minutes later.
I think having overdue fines and not being able to find a book is normal. Not amiss.

the dicocco gang said...

oh, birthday candles? That is terribly funny.

and holley... I"m so glad I'm not alone. We are used to having constant fines, especially with homeschooling mady this year, we check out 20 books at a time... and it seems we just pay a fine every week when we go in... I just thought it was funny when the book I had already had for seven weeks and had accumilated a $5 fine on was a book called "Making room for life" about living a Hebrew Day Calendar lifestyle... a lifestyle in which, if you lived it, you'd have balance enough that you could get through a book in less than 7 weeks! HA