4 oz unsweetened chocolate squares
(or, use cocoa powder and add 12 TB cocoa+3TB melted butter)
1 stick butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cold eggs
1/4 cup flour
(my favorite gluten free flour is Pamela's)
a few dollups of sour cream
Preheat the oven to 400*
-heat the chocolate and butter on the stove until melted and smooth.
-Remove from heat and add sugar, salt & vanilla. Stir with a wooden spoon.
-Add the cold eggs one at a time, stiring each one in well.
-stir in the flour for about 2 minutes... until the batter is smooth and glossy
-pour the batter into a greased 9x9 inch pan.
-put a few spoonfulls of sour cream in random places across the top and swirl them into the brownies with a knife.
-bake for about 15-20 minutes. Until the toothpick you dip into the middle comes out with only a bit of chocolate gooeyness on the very tip.
-serve them to the one you love...
For real, don't underestimate the power of a good fudgie brownie.
I'll be around next week to collect my kisses of gratitude.

5 comments:
do you think they would be as good if I used Splenda????
Oooh, sounds fab...you got one for gluten-free pancakes?
mmmmmmm, it will be hard to beat your mom's, but I'm willing to give it a good shot...and then I'll blow my kisses really hard to you next week. Actually I'll be vacationing in Minneapolis from June 23-July 9, so I won't have to blow as hard.
Ah Laura... the very same Pamelas... We tried so many "perfect pancake" recipes... some of them were quite... odd...
Why don't you come over for brunch soon? Shall we make a pancake date?
I would LOVE to make a pancake date. I'm free anytime, as I am a temporary housewife...let me know what works for you!
Post a Comment