It is official.
We are immunized.
The entire DiCocco lot of us.
I'm so proud of the kids.
Harrison (who had his immunizations on Tuesday) anylized each and every
one as they were being administered... and catagorized them according to three criteria1. color of medication
2. pain level of the needle/medication combination
3. length of the virus' name in relationship to pain level
In the end... we learned that the longer the name of the virus, the more an immunization hurts. small name:flu: not much pain at all... giant name: yellow fever:8 letters worth of more pain.
I didn't have the heart to tell him about the word influenza.
He must be feeling better... because this is him watching a movie tonight..

Avery amazed me to no end. My little princess of love and joy bared her shoulders and took 5 pokes in 90 seconds... she even opted to take the typhoid as an injection instead of an oral pill. After the first poke she glanced down at her arm with a confused look... then she just took a deep breath and sat through the rest without as much of a crinkling of her cute little nose. Look how flushed she is though. Oh, battle on my darling! You will triumph!

Madyline... Madyline is my princess of power. She overcame an amazing fear today. I am proud of her heart and her resolve to triumph. It took a while to get there, but in the end... she counted down from three and bam! bam! Got those last two immunizations covered in a blink of an eye...
SO proud of you my brave girl! Standing up to terror and winning! 10,000 gold stars for you!
Tonight has been spent eating ice cream and bowls of broccoli cheese soup and watching the original "Herbie the Love Bug" on the movie theatre in our living room.
The girls are now both asleep.
I will be soon.
-by the way - ebay shoes? A girlfriend came by a few weeks ago and dropped off a bag of dress shoes saying "you need these more than I do... sell them on ebay to raise money for your trip".
Auctions ended today... and we have $545 to add to the Africa bucket!!

4 comments:
Is it me, or does Maddy look like all completely grown-up in that picture?
Nice job, Mom.
H: I watch movies like that all the time. We should share a couch some day.
we're very proud of you all over here to in Da Dornan-ville. kids and mom, it can't be easy having to watch your kids get stabbed over and over! love you guys.
Chris - I saw you yesterday! You sat right in front of me (only there was a row of people between us so I couldn't wrap my arms around your neck and give you a bear squeeze). Then, when we all got up to leave... you were already gone. Heard about your new job! Can't wait to hear more from you.
k-
yes... totally... she IS grown up in so many ways that I have yet to fully admit. Immunization day was stellar though. She was VERY grown up. Terrified. 45 minutes worth of absolute Panic. And in the end... she did it. That right there added a few years of maturity to her that she had not previously possesed. Maybe that is what you are seeing in the picture.
Post a Comment