I hesitated for a long time... I even spent time in my own writing notebook dreaming about what this space might look like. Instead of making up something fresh here... (because my brain is so tired from trying to figure out this whole set up thing) I'm going to recycle from my notebook from a few weeks ago...
So I"m trying to come up with a cute and clever name for my imaginary blog. I don't know if I'll ever inhabit this space... I'd love to, don't get me wrong...
But there seems to be some unspoken pressure on creating a space that is attractive & alluring... a space that is cute and clever.
Although I am cute... in my own, getting older than I'd like to admit, kind of way - and I DO have moments of cleverness... I have a difficult time coordinating the two on demand.
None the less, the idea of a blog space to call my own is enticing. I feel a certain release through writing and I often wish I could engage others in these random conversations with myself without being "that girl" in high school who always wears the sweatshirt with the unicorn on it and corners you in the lunch room to share her latest poems ... and they always seems to include the phrase "love is like...." .
I figure here in this anonymous cyber world- I can hold out my notebook (that, by the way has earth toned stripes across the cover, not a spakledy unicorn) and you, my dear friend, can choose to read or not... and I don't have to worry about that shifting uncomfortable look behind your eyes.
And so... (this is the part in my ramblings where Billy's eyes register this brief moment of startled realization that I haven't even begun my true story even though I have been actively monologing for 15 minutes)
And so... today I am thinking of this imaginary utopian blog space and trying to come up with afore-mentioned cute and clever name. Something that will describe me in an interestingly artistic way without being so odd that it only make sense at 3am after a pound of m&ms. (Here is where I need to stop talking and cut my losses... but still I continue)
So I am thinking of something that mirrors my name. I have a quirky, unusual name that I love. DiCocco... you can imagine the Jr high diversions my husband had to endure (and my children have to look forward to) DiCocco-puffs... DiCocco-nut... DiCocco-krispees. But I love my name- and am a very big fan of the food it resembles.... so let's figure out something that coordinates with DiCocco. Well, Godiva chocolates. Rich, smooth, looks respectable in that gold box yet is easily accessible. DiCocco Godiva.... Rambling Godiva... God's Diva
OH MY STARS! If I'm going to be honest... this is way worse than a unicorn sweatshirt.
And now we clearly understand why I am blog free.
I just can't live up to the pressure...
... that and I would probably be too tempted to begin every entry with.... "love is like...."

1 comment:
woooHooo!!!
{loud and obnoxious end-of-Dirty- Dancing-like cheering}
Post a Comment